Sunday, February 15, 2009

Windows 7 and XBox 360 Media Center Extenter

Tonight, i finally got a chance to try to see what the XBOX 360 Media Center Experience would be like when connected to Windows 7.  I am so happy to finally be able to stream and watch home video's on my xbox extender.  Before, my AVI, MPG,etc files (taken with casio, canon, sanyo, and only cameras) would not play through the xbox extender, using Vista; but Win7 it works!!!.  Our hi-def videos show perfectly.  It also has a great screen saver cycling through our photo library.  perfect for where our xbox extender is; in our dining room.

 

6 comments:

  1. How did you get this to work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What part? The Win7 to XBOX 360? or the video streaming?

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you connect the xbox360 to win7 MCE??

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had a cable guy wire a network cable from the xbox to our linksys router. the Xbox360 wireless g adapter was not fast enough to handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Xbox 360 refuses to see my windows 7 media player. everything is shared correctly. Yet my Vista laptop can see my windows 7 machine and access it just fine....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firewalls seem to have a way of blocking some communication. Try turning off any firewalls on your Win7 box and see if Xbox can see it.

    ReplyDelete